The demands of life with diabetes affect your physical and emotional well being. Whatever type of diabetes you have, there is a need for knowledge to learn to manage this chronic condition.
Anderson Hospital's self-management program could be your first step to taking control of your life as a diabetes patient.
The program offers:
- Individualized plan of diabetes education
- Meal planning
- Exercise planning
- Basic diabetes skills
- Advanced diabetes skills
The Outpatient Diabetes Self-Management Education Program at Anderson Hospital is recognized by the American Diabetes Association as meeting the national standards of education for diabetes. Our program offers diabetes services to patients, their families and significant others.
Instruction provided by a certified adult nurse practitioner/certified diabetes educator and registered dietitians.
- Individual consultations.
- Small group sessions.
- Comprehensive group classes.
- Support group.
Instruction provided in an individual session designed for:
- Newly diagnosed diabetes patient
- Those in need of advanced skills training
Instruction provided in a group setting designed for the adult learner which provides opportunities for:
- Self-directed learning and participation
- Promotion of healthy living habits and empowerment
Online Diabetes Support