Worksite Health Promotion
The Benefits of Worksite Health Promotion
Investing in the health of your workforce can be very beneficial!
Worksite Health Promotion programs have been proven to:
- Improve Retention
- Boost Productivity
- Increase Employee Satisfaction
- Enhance Recruitment
- Contain Health Care Cost
- Reduce employee absenteeism and turnover
The Bottom Line:
- Preventable illnesses make up 70% of all illnesses and the associated costs.
- The total cost of obesity to US employers is $13 billion/year.
- Obese Americans spend about 36% more on health services and 77% more on medications than people of normal weight.
- Job stress is estimated to cost $200-300 billion annually in absenteeism, tardiness, and lost productivity.
- Workers’ compensation costs for a smoker average $2,189 compared to only $176 for a nonsmoker.
Health Alliance Plan www.hap.org
Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine
Health Promotion Options
Customize an individual program by combining any of the following topics or screenings.
On-site education related to various topics of health and well-being can be provided at your request.
We can assist you in determining appropriate topic(s) and supply the expert speakers and information.
Informational Health Fair:
Our qualified professional staff provide booths with informational handouts and
discussions on a variety of topics for full or half-day health fairs. We can assist you in determining the most appropriate topics for the employees.
Screening Health Fair:
We provide various booths / activities for full and half-day health fairs. We also provide qualified professionals to complete various screening activities – i.e. blood pressure, weight, height, blood cholesterol, etc. We can assist you in determining the appropriate screening activities for the employees.
Comprehensive Fitness Program:
A comprehensive program that includes
individual fitness and screening tests – i.e. blood tests, physical fitness tests, hearing screenings, physical exams, etc. Results are compiled individually or as a group report.
Body Mass Index
% Body Fat
Physical Fitness Testing
Aerobic Fitness (Submaximal Bike Test or Treadmill Test)
Benefits of Exercise
....and many other topics!
** Any activities may be combined to create a program to meet your individual needs and goals!!
A combination of the following topics are most commonly offered – others are available upon request.
Blood Cholesterol Tests
Lipid Panel (Total Cholesterol, HDL, LDL, Triglycerides)
Health Risk Appraisal
General Health Issues
Personal Fitness Profile
Worksite Needs Assessment
Group Fitness Reports