“Breastfeeding is the single most important thing a mother can do to protect the health of herself and her baby.”
– U.S. Surgeon General
Anderson Hospital Pavilion's for Women breastfeeding mission statement: At Anderson Hospital, our highly skilled staff offer a variety of customized resources you can individualize to make your breastfeeding experience as enjoyable and rewarding as possible.
- Here at Anderson we respect a mother’s decision on how she will feed her baby.
- Breastfeeding offers numerous benefits for your newborn’s health as well as your mental and physical well-being.
- The breastmilk your body produces is perfectly matched to your baby’s needs and can be easily digested. Additionally, breastmilk has proven protective benefits against respiratory tract infections, gastrointestinal disturbances, ear infections, asthma, allergies, SIDS, childhood cancers, obesity and diabetes.
- Breastfeeding mothers also benefit from fewer postpartum complications, an earlier return to their pre-pregnancy weight, their uterus returning to size faster, and reduced risks for breast and ovarian cancers.
- In addition to the physical benefits, breastfeeding is a convenient, low-cost method for feeding and bonding with your new baby!
Your opportunity to receive breastfeeding support extends throughout your stay:
Registered Nurses educated in breastfeeding support:
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC) in the Pavilion for Women are registered nurses, skilled in the care of mothers and newborns, and experienced in feeding issues
- Certified Lactation Counselors (CLC) and Certified Breastfeeding Educators (CBE) Ongoing breastfeeding education and support throughout your stay
- Access to the lactation station for breastfeeding supplies and pump sales and rentals
- Follow up appointment with a registered nurse within 72 hours post-discharge
- Coordinated care with your baby’s doctor
Meet Our Staff
Outpatient Lactation Services
Lactation Consult Appointment
Going Back to Work