The Pavilion for Women wants to be your breastfeeding connection for education, information and continued support.
The Lactation Station is a special area for breastfeeding support within the Pavilion for Women at Anderson Hospital. Outpatient Lactation Consultation services from registered nurses who are also international board certified lactation consultants (IBCLC). We also feature retail sales of Medela breastpumps and breastfeeding supplies, and rental of Medela hospital grade breastpumps.
The Lactation Station is open to all breastfeeding mothers, regardless of where you delivered.
- Offers Medela products and services
- 2 phase expression technology pumps for sale
- Weekly and monthly breast pump rentals Feeding products (BPA free)
- Tender Care products
- Location for outpatient appointments
- No fees upfront for appointments
Consultation with a lactation specialist is recommended if:
- Baby has low output
- Baby continually falls asleep at the breast and does not keep a continues pattern of suckle-swallow for 15-20 minutes per feeding
- Baby has lost more than 7% of birth weight
- Baby is unsettled and cries excessively
- Baby typically feeds more than an hour
- Baby is not gaining as much weight as your infant’s provider would like
- Mother is anxious and has concerns about milk supply
- Mother has engorged or painful breasts
- Mother is experiencing difficulties or discomfort with nursing
- Mother has sore, cracked or bleeding nipples
- Mother thinks her supply is low and questions if she should supplement breastfeeding with formula
- There are special circumstances, such as prematurity, twins, anomalies, or maternal health concerns.
- You have questions about medications you are taking
- Mother needs help selecting a breast pump
- Mother needs help fitting or using breast pump