Worksite Health Promotion
The Benefits of Worksite Health Promotion
Investing in the health of your workforce can be very beneficial!
Worksite Health Promotion programs have been proven to:
- Improve Retention
- Boost Productivity
- Increase Employee Satisfaction
- Enhance Recruitment
- Contain Health Care Cost
- Reduce employee absenteeism and turnover
The Bottom Line:
- Preventable illnesses make up 70% of all illnesses and the associated costs.
- The total cost of obesity to US employers is $13 billion/year.
- Obese Americans spend about 36% more on health services and 77% more on medications than people of normal weight.
- Job stress is estimated to cost $200-300 billion annually in absenteeism, tardiness, and lost productivity.
- Workers’ compensation costs for a smoker average $2,189 compared to only $176 for a nonsmoker.
Health Alliance Plan www.hap.org
Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine
Health Promotion Options
Customize an individual program by combining any of the following topics or screenings.
On-site education related to various topics of health and well-being can be provided at your request.
We can assist you in determining appropriate topic(s) and supply the expert speakers and information.
Informational Health Fair:
Our qualified professional staff provide booths with informational handouts and
discussions on a variety of topics for full or half-day health fairs. We can assist you in determining the most appropriate topics for the employees.
Screening Health Fair:
We provide various booths / activities for full and half-day health fairs. We also provide qualified professionals to complete various screening activities – i.e. blood pressure, weight, height, blood cholesterol, etc. We can assist you in determining the appropriate screening activities for the employees.
Comprehensive Fitness Program:
A comprehensive program that includes
individual fitness and screening tests – i.e. blood tests, physical fitness tests, hearing screenings, physical exams, etc. Results are compiled individually or as a group report.
Body Mass Index
% Body Fat
Physical Fitness Testing
Aerobic Fitness (Submaximal Bike Test or Treadmill Test)
Benefits of Exercise
....and many other topics!
** Any activities may be combined to create a program to meet your individual needs and goals!!
A combination of the following topics are most commonly offered – others are available upon request.
Blood Cholesterol Tests
Lipid Panel (Total Cholesterol, HDL, LDL, Triglycerides)
Health Risk Appraisal
General Health Issues
Personal Fitness Profile
Worksite Needs Assessment
Group Fitness Reports
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT: