Anderson Hospital’s outpatient rehab therapy services offer patients convenient and state-of-the-art facilities for physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, and aquatic therapy. Our Rehab Services Department offers coordinated solutions for recovery at our three rehabilitation locations in Maryville, Edwardsville, and Highland, Ill. Whether a patient has suffered an injury, is recovering from an illness, or is experiencing chronic pain, we are here to help.
Outpatient Rehab Services
Our Rehabilitation Specialties
- Orthopedic and Sports Medicine: Our skilled team provides excellent treatment plans for individuals recovering from orthopedic surgery or athletes returning to their sport after an injury.
- Neurological: We can assist you in rehabilitating or maximizing your function with neurological disorders, including strokes, brain injuries, multiple sclerosis, ALS, or Parkinson’s disease.
- On-site Aquatic Therapy: At our Maryville location, we offer on-site aquatic therapy for people with orthopedic, neurological, pulmonary, or cardiac-related diagnoses. The unique physical properties of water, such as buoyancy, turbulence, viscosity, and surface tension, can provide the necessary support or resistance for movement according to each patient's needs. Our private 12' x 16' heated pool ensures a one-on-one treatment experience. There is no need for swimming skills, but a doctor's referral is required. Please note that aquatic therapy is only available at our rehab center in Maryville, Ill.
- Pelvic Health Program: Our specially trained staff can effectively treat a multitude of pelvic health concerns. The pelvic health program offers support for various concerns such as pre- and post-partum care, urinary or fecal incontinence, painful scars, vulvodynia, painful intercourse, and urinary urge and frequency.
- Balance and Vestibular: Our rehab therapists are specially trained to use advanced Neurocom equipment and collaborate with our audiology team to diagnose and treat balance and vestibular issues. These disorders can stem from visual, musculoskeletal, or inner ear problems. Treatment plans are personalized to meet the unique needs of each patient.
- VitalStim: This non-invasive approach utilizes targeted electrical stimulation to activate and strengthen the muscles responsible for swallowing. Alongside our skilled speech therapy specialists, patients undergo specialized exercises to re-educate and regain control over these vital muscles.
- Lymphedema Services: Our lymphedema-certified therapists provide complete decongestive lymphedema therapy. This includes the possible use of manual lymph drainage, bandage wrapping, exercise, intermittent sequential pumps, assistance with the application of compression garments, and patient education and training. Our rehab clinic provides care to cancer patients as well as to those that develop edema for unknown reasons.
- Myofascial Release and Craniosacral Therapies: These manual forms of therapy are integrated into our traditional therapy sessions, as well as provided as a specific form of care, particularly for our chronic pain patients. Both forms of therapy rely on one-on-one care and hands-on touch to treat the patient’s specific areas of need for pain relief and improved function.
- Kinesio Taping: Kinesio taping is great for injured muscles and joints as it provides stability and support, without affecting range of motion or circulation. This technique is popular among athletes, as well as patients with orthopedic, neurologic, or lymphedema conditions.
- Hand Therapy: This therapy addresses injuries of the hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder. Our certified hand therapists will work closely with physicians and clients to provide a continuum of care. Treatment often begins within days of an injury or surgery and continues until the client has returned to work and/or a productive lifestyle.
Why Choose Anderson Hospital Rehab Therapy?
Contact the Rehab Services Department
Maryville, Illinois 62062
Anderson Rehab at Goshen
3417 Anderson Healthcare Dr., Suite 103
Edwardsville, Illinois 62025
Highland Physicians & Surgeons
Highland, Illinois 62249