Homemade Mask Donations for COVID Emergency Preparedness
- Category: News & Events
- Created: Tuesday, 24 March 2020 15:21
Anderson Healthcare has received multiple offers for volunteers to provide homemade masks for caregivers. At Anderson Healthcare we are proud to have a sufficient supply of personal protective equipment (PPE’s) for clinicians that allow us to follow the CDC guidelines to keep our staff and patients safe.
To continue our emergency preparedness efforts, we are allowing donations with the hope that the clinicians will not need to resort to this measure. However, these can be used to prevent the spread of germs for staff members outside of patient care and necessary visitors.
Individuals willing to donate masks, can do so by following the below instructions:
- Masks should be made using the following directions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9RWII2-5_4
- We understand that elastic may be hard to find at this time, masks can also be made with ribbon so clinicians can tie them behind their head.
- Please place masks in a sealed zip lock bag.
- Each zip lock bag will include seamstress name, address, email, and contact number.
- Anderson will launder all masks prior to use.
Anderson Healthcare would like to remind volunteers to follow the stay home order and should not leave their homes to purchase supplies!
Many thanks to Maryville Baptist Church (Maryville, Illinois) who offered to be our drop off location! A collection bin will be available inside the main entrance Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. beginning Monday, March 30th.