EDWARDSVILLE — Anderson Hospital received Edwardsville’s Business of the Year Award at the Sixth Annual Economic Forecast Breakfast Tuesday at Lewis and Clark Community College, as the healthcare network’s explosive growth has led to continued expansion into 2020.
Anderson Hospital’s $30.5 million project for its Edwardsville location has two main parts, as of right now. Currently, construction is ongoing for an $8.5 million one-story ambulatory surgical treatment center and pediatric specialty clinic. The site’s second building is a $22 million acute rehabilitation hospital.
Anderson Hospital plans to have four buildings in Edwardsville, located at the northeast corner of District Drive and Goshen Road.
Following Anderson Healthcare President and CEO Keith Page’s acceptance of the honor Tuesday, here are five takeaways:
1. Anderson Hospital’s Goshen Campus is on track to grow a little more. Last Thursday, during the city’s administrative and community service (ACS) meeting, the hospital received approval for its second building, which originally would have been a one-story office building of 40,000-square-feet, would become a 34-bed, two-story, acute rehabilitation hospital building with almost 50,000-square-feet.
2. Building 1, an ambulatory surgical center that started construction last spring, should be ready to open this June.
3. If approved by city council, Building 2 should start construction around the same time Building 1 opens; Building 2 should open in 2021.
4. Depending on demand, there are two additional phases, two medical office buildings, to the expansion, and the whole project added five more acres of land to its original 10-acre parcel.
5. Anderson Healthcare is partnering with SSM Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital and Kindred Healthcare on this expansion campus. Cardinal Glennon signed on as pediatric partner, along with SLUCare Physician Group.
The program on Tuesday morning was organized by Walt Williams, economic/community development director for the city of Edwardsville.
Reach reporter Charles Bolinger at (618) 659-5735